We have many achievements to celebrate this summer, ranging from our activities program to exciting filed trips. We have more news to add to that list. Cape May Cares won a grant for $8,500 from The Impact Club! This is monumental and will exponentially help us strengthen our community.
The requirements for the grant entailed a lengthy application, so kindly completed by our board member Claudia VonSavage, as well as a 5 minute video explaining what our organization does and how we aspire to enhance our community using the grant. Cape May Cares is proud to announce that we placed first out of 19 other participants.
In a spectacular group effort, our team came together in a matter of just 7 days to plan, edit, and produce a video to be entered into the competition. Our Social Media Manager and Content Creator, Sophie Crossley, worked with the entire CMC team to coordinate and edit this video.
We could not have done it without the determined and passionate dedication of each and every single team member! It is is so rewarding to see our efforts recognized. Although, it doesn’t even come close to our excitement for what we can do for CMC with the grant money. Some of these goals include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Continuing and building upon existing activities such as Tennis Camp, Sailing Camp, our Tutoring Program, and, most recently, our Summer Program.
- Addressing the needs of an isolated senior population and bring them together for more socialization, particularly post-COVID
- Creating a more positive, forward-looking outlook among the Housing Authority population
- Inspiring parents and children setting goals and looking forward for future plans, specifically for educational, employment and housing opportunities; and
- Securing a dependable source of funding for various programs for each year and beyond.
From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank The Impact Club enough. Thanks to you, our community will continue to develop, grow, and thrive.
Watch our video submission below to learn more about Cape May Cares and our mission for the future.